Fighting for Justice for Injured People
Personal Injury Attorneys in TacomaEN ESPAÑOL
Workers’ Compensation Lawyers
The Department of Labor and Industries manages claims for injuries at work. You are entitled to money for lost wages, medical treatment, vocational retraining, loss of body function, and in some cases a pension.LEARN MORE
Personal Injury Attorney
If your injury was caused by someone other than a co‑worker, an auto accident, or defective equipment, you may be entitled to additional compensation. Our personal injury attorney in Tacoma will evaluate your case.LEARN MORE
Tacoma, WA Personal Injury Attorneys
Dedicated Washington State Accident Attorneys: Advocating for the Rights of Injured Clients Across King, Lewis, Pierce, Thurston Counties, and Beyond
When you have been injured in an accident in Washington state, you may be entitled to financial compensation that can help you recover from the harm you have suffered. This includes helping pay for medical treatment and making up for lost income if you cannot work due to your injury. However, victims of accidents often face difficulties and obstacles in obtaining the compensation they are entitled to under the law. That’s where a personal injury attorney in Tacoma, WA can help.
After being hurt in an accident near Tacoma, WA, let the workers compensation lawyers at Smith Duran Law go to work to help you through your recovery. At our firm, you will never be just another claim number. We understand the impacts that your injuries may have on your professional, financial, and day-to-day life. Our personal injury attorneys in Tacoma also have personal experience with the process of healing and recovering from injuries and the difficulties that people face in getting the medical treatment and insurance benefits they need. That’s why we work hard to help you recover compensation for all the losses you have sustained.
We represent injured victims in workers’ compensation cases, third-party claims, and personal injury claims. Our Tacoma-based law firm also assists clients with estate planning and probate matters, including preparing wills and trusts and other estate planning documents and assisting families during the probate and estate administration process. Our attorneys have extensive experience in Washington state with workers’ compensation and personal injury law, with members of our firm having served on the workers’ compensation section of the Washington State Association for Justice and the Washington Department of Labor and Industries’ IME Improvement Committee. In addition to being focused on working hard for our clients, our attorneys give back to our local Tacoma community, including volunteering pro bono legal services.
If you have been injured in an accident near Tacoma, WA, our personal injury attorneys from Smith Duran Law are here to help and offer a free initial case evaluation. Our firm can help you better understand your legal rights for pursuing financial compensation that can assist you in your recovery from injury.
When you suffer an injury, your damages include more than just your economic losses. The real damages include the impact your injuries have on your family and your day-to-day life. Let us help you get the recovery that accounts for all the losses you have suffered.
$1.2 Million Dollars
Awarded to a carpenter who fell on a construction site project.
Types of Cases We Assist Clients With
At Smith Duran Law, you can turn to an personal injury attorney in Tacoma, Washington for help with claims involving:
- Workers’ compensation claims, including work injury claims, occupational diseases, construction worker claims, claims for medical/wage loss/disability/death benefits, filing claims, appealing denied claims, and reopening old workers’ comp claims
- Third-party injury claims if you were hurt at work by someone not associated with your employer, including by auto accidents or by defective equipment or tools
- Personal injury claims, such as motor vehicle accidents (including car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, Uber/Lyft accidents, and more), premises liability (including slip and fall accidents, negligent security, and dog bites), product liability (or injuries sustained from dangerous and defective products), medical malpractice (including birth injury, misdiagnosis and failure to diagnose, hospital or doctor negligence, and more), and wrongful death claims for the loss of a loved one due to negligence
How an Accident Attorney in Washington State from Smith Duran Law Can Help You to Obtain Financial Recovery for Injuries and Losses That You Have Incurred
When you have been injured in an accident in Washington state, including in an accident that may have occurred on the job, you need experienced legal representation to help ensure that you receive the full scope of financial benefits and compensation that you may be entitled to under the law. After being hurt by an accident, you may be focused on treating and rehabilitating your injuries and may not have the additional time and energy to also pursue legal claims to recover the financial compensation and resources you need. That’s where an accident attorney in Washington state from Smith Duran Law can help. When you turn to our firm after an accident, you can trust our legal team to handle every detail of your case, including:
- Reviewing the facts and details of your case and recovering evidence that we may need to prove your right to recover compensation
- Discussing your legal options for pursuing financial recovery, including filing a workers’ compensation claim or pursuing a third-party or personal injury case
- Calculating the financial benefits or compensation that you can receive under the law
- Filing formal claim paperwork on your behalf to begin the process of securing financial benefits and compensation
- Advocating on your behalf throughout the claims process, including during settlement negotiations, the formal workers’ comp claim hearings, or in court and at trial in a personal injury case if necessary
You should not have to fight on your own to obtain recovery and benefits after being injured in an accident. Turn to our firm to learn more about what we can do to help in your case.
Contact Our Law Firm in Tacoma Today to Speak to a Personal Injury Attorney in Washington State about Your Options
Don’t delay speaking to a personal injury or workers compensation lawyer in Washington state after you have suffered injuries in an accident. Contact Smith Duran Law for a free, no-obligation consultation to learn more about how our firm can assist you through the claims process to recover compensation for your injuries and losses.
Frequently Asked Questions about Accidents in Washington State
You may have to recover compensation if you were injured in an accident due to the negligence or recklessness of another party, which means that the other party breached some legal duty or consciously disregarded a substantial risk that their actions would cause serious injury. In addition, you will need to prove that you incurred losses that you can be financially compensated for. Alternatively, if you were injured in an accident on the job, you may be entitled to pursue a workers’ compensation claim.
Washington’s statute of limitations on personal injury claims requires that any lawsuit for a claim be filed within three years of the date of the injury. Workers’ compensation claims in Washington must be filed with the state Department of Labor and Industries within one year of the date of a workplace accident. These deadlines make it important to speak to an accident attorney in Washington state as soon as possible to ensure that your legal claims are timely filed.
- Give them a call. It will be the best thing you ever did.
- I would recommend Smith Duran Law to any injured worker looking for an attorney.
- An experienced, knowledgeable and compassionate lawyer. Highly recommended.